The new year is always a great opportunity to take time to reflect on the past year’s successes and failures and see what changes you can make for the next year. Often this happens in the form of new business resolutions. To help you get a head start and meet these upcoming challenges, we’ve put together a best of the best guide for the most common new year business resolutions.
Resolution #1 – Start Your Own Business
If starting your own business is at the top of your resolutions this year, take a look at these resources to help get you started.
- Top 5 Things Everyone Should Know Before Starting a Business
- Two Things You Must Do For Startup Success
- 10 Self-Employed Businesses You Can Start Today With Little or No Money
- 45 Business Ideas Perfect for the Work At Home Mom
Resolution #2 – Be More Productive
Being more productive is at the top of nearly everyone’s list. This year, make your resolution stick with these tips and ideas.
- How to Take Charge of Your Time
- 7 Awesome Tips for Getting Things Done
- 10 Ways to ACTUALLY Get Through Your To Do List
- 5 Ways to Start Your Day More Productively
Resolution #3 – Make More Money
When you’re self-employed you’re always looking for ways to increase profit margins and make more money. To get your year started off right, try some of these ideas.
- 4 Surefire Ways to Get More Sales from Current Customers
- 4 Steps to Getting Paid What You Are Worth
- 10 Low-Cost Marketing Tactics You May Have Overlooked
- 5 Ways to Increase Your Website Conversion
Resolution #5 – Use Social Media More Effectively
If you’ve been reluctant to use social media, or just want use it more effectively, take a look at the following resources.
- Three Ways to Grow Your Social Media Following
- 10 Small Business Tips & Tactics for Pinterest
- 5 Ways to Use Craigslist to Get More Business
- How to Master Twitter and Successfully Grow Your Business
- 4 Proven Ways To Get More Twitter Followers
- The Solopreneur’s Guide to Using Facebook to its Full Advantage
Resolution #6 – Get Organized
An area many self-employed and freelancers struggle with is being more organized. Let 2015 be the year you take control of your clutter!
- 5 No-Fail Ways to Take Control of Your Email
- Creating a Home Office That Inspires
- 8 Business Apps That Will Make Your Day Easier
Resolution #7 – Get Help
When business starts growing, you may realize you need more help. If you’ve been considering outsourcing or using virtual assistants, take a look at the following articles for some tips.
Resolution #8 – Get a Head Start on Your Taxes
Taxes are probably the most dreaded aspect of running a business. Get some help with it this year using these resources.
- W-2 & 1099 Tax Resources Guide
- TAX GUIDE: Understanding Employment Taxes When You Are A Freelancer
- Yes, You Really Do Need An Accountant
Resolution #9 – Learn More
The best way to stay at the top of your business is to stay educated. To help in this area, consider the following resources.
Book – The Small Business Bible
Resolution #10 – Write Content for Your Website
In the new age of media, content is a necessity. From social media to updates to your website, content is the new “must have” tool for marketing. If you’ve been struggling in this area or would just like some help, try the ideas in these articles.
- 5 Simple Rules for Creating Content for Your Business
- 5 Legal Tips Every Freelancer Should Know About Blogging & Social Media
- Self-Employed? You Better Be Creating Some Good Content
- 6 Tips for Repurposing Content for Your Website
What are your business resolutions for the new year? We’d love to hear them in the comments section below!