Busy keeping up with your business? Don't worry – we've got you covered! Take a few minutes and catch up with happened this week in the world of self-employment.
NEW THIS WEEK
Accounts being hacked is a concern every Internet user faces. This week, LivingSocial accounts were the target with 50 million accounts being hacked as well as the Associated Press' Twitter account. The AP hack was used to create chaos with a false White House attack. Cyber security has always been a concern, but with the growing rate of hacked accounts, it's always a good idea to keep these simple rules in mind.
If you enjoyed the Gangam style video craze, you might have been one of the first 38 million people to watch PSY's new video, Gentleman. What's staggering about that number is that was how many views the video received in one day. The popularity of the video helped set a new YouTube record for most views in a day. This new video launch doesn't mean Gangam Style is losing any traction either. This week the video hit the one billion views milestone, making it the most popular YouTube video of all time.
Sometimes the best way to learn how to do something is to see how others are successfully doing it. This is certainly the case when it comes to the NFL's social media strategy. Learn some of their insider tips, including how they covered the NFL Draft Thursday night, here.
Have you been considering a new startup idea? Here are stories of how two different companies made their start:
MOTIVATIONAL QUOTES OF THE WEEK
- “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.” –Aristotle
- “The best way out is always through.” –Robert Frost
- “I know for sure that what we dwell on is who we become.” –Oprah Winfrey
- “What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals.” –Goethe
- “Failure is the condiment that gives success its flavor.” –Truman Capote
- “Vision without action is daydream. Action without vision is nightmare.” –Japanese Proverb
- “Success consists of doing the common things of life uncommonly well.” –Source Unknown
LAUGH OF THE WEEK