Ford is the classic American manufacturer. Its unique methods of vehicle production became exemplary for many manufacturers around the world. Ford makes the audit of all the production lines. That is why it assigns unique production number to each model.
However, the production number gives only partial information about the Ford models. If you decide to buy a used Ford vehicle, you’d better order Vehicle Identification Number check. You can follow https://www.faxvin.com/vin-check/ford to order the check.
Information You Need To Know Before Buying A Used Ford
Many buyers do not care much about exact data of their future car. However, they should. There is a lot of information the buyer has to analyse before making the purchasing decision. The Ford Vehicle Identification Number will give you the next details:
- The odometer mileage. The Ford cars are quite reliable. However, the more the vehicle is driven, the worse its technical condition becomes. The sellers often decrease the number of miles the vehicle has covered. It allows them to overprice the car.
- The Theft record. Although each Ford model is assigned a unique production number, often the thieves cheat on this data. They assign a different number to the stolen car. The buyer is not able to check if he buys a legal vehicle. VIN lookup will provide you exact information on potential thefts history of the vehicle.
- The accidents history. The sellers rarely talk much about the accidents the car suffered in. They prefer to hide such information. However, even if the vehicle looks good on the outside, internal systems could have been damaged. The Ford VIN check will show the real accidents story of your automobile.
- Loans. Ford is quite an expensive car. When buying one, many people take a loan from the bank. However, some of them may sell the vehicle without paying the loans back in full. If you don’t want to get additional financial obligation, you’d better check this information.
The information mentioned above will help every driver to know more about his dream Ford car.
Where VIN is Located on Ford Models
The Vehicle Identification Number is composed of 17 digits and letters. Each Ford model has a different location for it. Here are some examples:
- In classic Tourneo model, the VIN is placed on the left-side door. You can also find it in the inner wing of the door.
- The latest Galaxy and Mondeo have their VIN on the slam panel and in the left side of the front windshield.
- You can find the VIN on the slam panel in the front of the vehicle in Focus and Puma model.
Whatever model of vehicle you have, you will find the VIN. It is one of the longest numbers the car has on it. When you get one, you have two options to order the services. You can order from the state DMV office. This state office will produce the VIN report within several days. You can also contact privately owned companies. They mainly operate in the internet. They will deliver the information quicker. Take advantage of the information VIN check gives.