In our hectic internet world where customer attention is fleeting, 8 seconds is all you have to capture the attention of your audience before they grow bored and start to focus on something else. Science tells us that the human brain is most receptive to visual stimulation – photos, videos, and animations. According to the infographic, content with words only had a recall rate of 10%, while content using both words and visuals had a recall rate of 65%. This is quite a significant difference. This is why incorporation of visual storytelling into your content marketing strategy is crucial. Not only will it make your content stand out from the rest, but it will also make your audience remember it longer.
Today’s infographic, provided by Widen, outlines practical strategies for successful use of visual storytelling in marketing. Some key points from this infographic include:
- Images make up 93% of the most engaging posts on Facebook (up from 83% in 2012)
- Social media posts with visuals deliver 180% greater engagement
- Tweets with images receive 150% more retweets
- Viewers are 85% more likely to purchase a product after watching a product video
- Articles with images get 94% more views than those without
- Users clicking on photos of real people are 200% as likely to convert to sale
- Blogs that integrate attract 300% more inbound links
- Video is 53 times more likely to generate a first page Google ranking
Check out the infographic below to learn more ways to integrate visual storytelling into your marketing strategy.
This content originally appeared on: Widen