1. Who are “the two Steves?”
A: Steve Forbes and Steve Case
B. Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak
C. Steve Jobs and Steve Case
D. Steve Strauss and Steve Sax
2. What was the first product ever built by Apple?
A: The Apple
B. The Apple 1
C. The Apple Core
D. A Calculator
3. How did the Xerox Machine get its funny name?
A: The inventor heard it in a dream
B. The inventor had 2 X’s in his name
C. The inventor wanted to be last in the phone book
D. A professional linguist coined it from Greek words
4. What is the most money ever stolen in a white collar crime?
A: $304 million, in a scheme in Holland
B. $2.6 billion, in a copper trading scheme in Japan
C. Approximately $900 million, from a company in the U.S.
D. $1.3 billion in today’s dollars, in Austria-Hungary
5. Henry Ford invented . . . ?
A: The $5 dollar work day
B. The 40 hour work week
C. Both A and B
D. Neither A nor B
6. Why is a valuable stock called a “blue chip?”
A: For a famous basketball player
B. Because blue chips are worth more in poker
C. For what was, at the time, a rare South American tortilla
D. Because it performs like a ‘chip off the ‘ol block’
7. Who was the first Starbucks franchisee in the U.S.?
A: Magic Johnson
B. HR Corporation
C. Howard Schultz
D. There are no American franchisees
8. How many businesses are there in the U.S?
A: 4 million
B. 40 million
C. 3 million
D. 30 million
9. Why are the awards for the best billboards called the “Obies”?
A: Because Obie Wan-Kenobi was a great Jedi
B. Because the “King of Billboards” was Obie Green
C. They are named after ancient obelisks in Egypt
D. Because Obie is short for Obinski, the inventor of the billboard
10. What is an SBDC?
A: A “Superior Business” in the nation’s capital
B. A small business devoid of currency
C. A Small Business Development Center
D. A starter business dba corporate
11. How many McDonald’s are there in the world?
B. About 10,000
C. Around 30,000
12. How old was Ray Kroc when he invented the McDonald’s franchising system?
13. In the movie Risky Business, what sort of business did Tom Cruise finally start?
A: A car club
B. An investment club
C. A hot dog stand
D. A prostitution ring
14. What quote is NOT from Jerry Maguire?
A: “You had me at hello”
B. “Help me help you”
C. “Show me the money!”
D. “Don’t get me started!”
15. What product did Preston Tucker make?
A: A car
B. A cookie
C. A food storage devise
D. A computer
16. What movie does not have a key entrepreneur angle?
A: Citizen Kane
B. Forrest Gump
C. Back to the Future
17. What product did John DeLorean attempt to buy to finance his car company?
A: A time machine
18. The Barbie doll was named after
A: The inventor’s daughter
B. Marilyn Monroe
C. Barbara Stanwyck
D. The inventor
19. What company invented the disposable diaper?
A: Proctor & Gamble
B. Johnson & Johnson
C. Smith & Barney
20. What is your favorite new site?
A: TheSelfEmployed of course!
Answers: 1:B, 2:B, 3:D, 4:B, 5:C, 6:B, 7:A, 8:D, 9:C, 10:C, 11:C, 12:A, 13:D, 14:D, 15:A, 16:C, 17:D, 18:A, 19:A, 20: A