Paper is obsolete.
Technology is no longer a revolution; instead, it is something that has become intrinsic to modern society. Computers are the size of your hand, people are more connected than ever, and printing, filing or mailing documents is something you should never have to do again. As a business owner, it’s time for you to take that next step and finally utilize paperless systems. There are countless advantages, and you’re sure to love the instant impact it can have on your company.
1. Instant Savings: The best business decisions are the ones that save you money, and choosing the proper paperless document management system absolutely falls into that category. You’re wasting money every day on paper, ink, and other printing supplies, not to mention the cost of storage space, cabinets and physical filing systems. Digital files are free once the hardware is in place, and you can forget about expenses like printer repair jobs.
2. Top-Notch Organization: Even without the significant savings you’re sure to experience, you’d still love a paperless document management system because it is simply superior to a physical system when it comes to ease of use and organization. Looking for old files in a physical cabinet can be frustrating, can take hours, and you still may not find what you need. With a virtual system, you can search by date, file name or keyword, and you’ll have your results in seconds. Best of all, you can do that without setting foot inside of the office.
3. Sharing and File Transfers: You know how connected the world is with social media and instant communications, and your document management system needs to be up to par. With a virtual system, any file can easily be securely shared directly to another computer within seconds. With cloud-based systems, any user with the proper interface and permissions can log on from any location and access files. Sharing has never been so safe and easy, and you’ll love how free-flowing information helps any business function at a high level.
4. Next-Generation Security: Additionally, a paperless document management system offers unprecedented safety and security. Audit trails mean you know exactly who has access to the files and enables compliance with document regulations. Also, you can determine permissions levels—who can see, edit, and share files is within your control. Even which files each user can see is predetermined and controlled by the system, giving you privacy, security, and control.
5. Total Loss Protection: Finally, you’ll love how a virtual system ensures that your documents and records are protected from any physical dangers, such as a fire or a flood. While the physical damage to the offices will need to be repaired, your company will retain cloud-based documentation so that business-as-usual isn’t interrupted, and you don’t miss a beat.
Make the Switch
It’s time to make business decisions that you’re going to love for years to come, and the right paperless document management system is the place to start.
Matt Peterson is the CEO of Lehi, Utah based eFileCabinet, Inc. Founded in 2001, eFileCabinet, Inc. began as a cutting-edge tool to digitally store records in accounting firms. As it grew in popularity, eFileCabinet developed into a full-fledged electronic document management solution designed to help organizations capture, manage and protect their data.