I'm going to confess that I absolutely love all things marketing. I love getting catalogs and promotions from my favorite companies in the mail. It has nothing to do with the offers they give, but more of my excitement to see how they are promoting their own “next best thing.”
To me good marketing is a mix of uniqueness and creativity with a promotional message attached. How these companies put these messages together has always been fascinating to me – especially during the holidays. It seems like these marketing teams are strategizing overtime to come out with something fun, compelling and unique, and honestly I'm never truly disappointed.
While larger retailers and big corporations have entire departments to do these actions, smaller businesses and freelancers have to rely on internal resources. When your days are already filled to the brim with things to do, considering adding another big task to your list may not seem overly enticing. However, this end of the year shopping mentality may not be something you can overlook.
Did you know that around a third of all shoppers do their Christmas shopping ten days before Christmas? Or that nearly six in ten holiday shoppers (59.9%) say they plan to take advantage of retailers’ sales and discounts to make additional non-gift purchases for themselves and their families during the holiday season?
Holiday marketing is an excellent way to bring in some extra sales to close out the year – and there's nothing like ending the year off with a bang. To help get you started, I've searched the web for some of the best tips for a successful holiday marketing campaign. Below are twelve not-to-be-missed resources for making the most of this holiday season:
If you're strapped for time and can only read a few resources, these are the three you shouldn't miss.
- 3 Simple Ways for Getting Customers Ready for the Holidays with Email Marketing
To start your planning off on the right foot, this informative PDF covers all the basics of putting together your email marketing messages.
- How to Sell More During the Holiday Shopping Season – A Crash Course for Online Retailers
For the most in-depth information on this topic you're likely to find online, you will not want to miss this holiday marketing crash course from SEOMoz.
- 5 Ways to Increase Profits During the Holidays
Prepare for this time of the year in a way that will both provide the best experience for your customers and also get you extra sales
Social Media & Email Marketing
More likely than not, you'll be using social media and email marketing to get your promotions and marketing message out there. This group of resources will help you do it right.
- 12 Ways To Optimize Your Facebook Marketing During the Holidays
- 20 Holiday Subject Lines that Will Light Up the Inbox
- 20 Social Media Marketing tips for the Holiday Season
Trends & More
Get an extra advantage by following what you know works. These resources provide helpful insights into the minds of holiday consumers and offer ideas and tips on how to stand out from the crowd and actually have your message seen.
- Everything You Need to Know About Holiday Marketing
- Top 6 Marketing Trends this Holiday Seasons
- 5 Examples of Awesome Holiday Marketing Campaigns
- Holiday Marketing Checklist: Tips for Planning for the Holidays
- 7 Holiday Marketing Tips for a Limited Budget
- 60 Inspirational Holiday Marketing Statistics
If you liked the two holiday marketing statistics mentioned earlier, you'll love this resource.